Brunswick Heads. Simple Pleasures.
Brunswick Heads' response to COVID-19
The Brunswick Heads Chamber and Visitor Centre have pooled their resources to implement a range of projects and campaigns to help our Brunswick Heads business community survive the coronavirus crisis.
The Chamber is communicating with businesses via a twice-weekly e-newsletter, which details up-to-date information on all the packages and resources available to help small businesses.
The Visitor Centre is closed, but it has become an "engine room" for rolling out the initiatives as they are developed. These include:
- Conversations with landlords with some good outcomes
- Conversations with the General Manager re Council fees and charges relief
- Letter to Tamara Smith, MP re land tax relief for landlords
- Press releases
- Gathering & sharing all the available information on assistance for businesses
- Increasing the level of social media sharing
- Developing strategies, incentives and projects to help our different business sectors
Projects to date
- Speaking with every business personally, to ascertain their needs (ongoing).
- The "Bruns Doing Business" list - updated daily by the Chamber/VC team and posted to social media and the "What's on Page" of the website.
- Social Media Assistance Project - free help for businesses wanting to get onto FB and Instagram, enable them to promote and sell their products or services or to start an online store using Shopify or other platform.
- Social media campaigns - "Birthdays/Celebrations" campaign in April, "Mother's Day" campaign in May.
- Bruns COVID-19 Business Surveys - gathering onformation on how businesses are faring and what they need and their feedback on upcoming proposed initiatives. Respondents go in the draw to win $200 worth of Bruns Gift Vouchers.
- Bruns Gift Vouchers - new limited edititoon Gift Vouchers that can be won and spent in any Bruns business will be circulating soon.
- Buy Local Campaign - running throughout July. Put your receipts in the designated draw boxes for to win $200 worth of Bruns Gift Vouchers, with draws every Tuesday at 4pm for 4 weeks.
Please contact Cherie Heale email@example.com for any further information about the above or to join the Brunswick Heads Chamber of Commerce.
About Brunswick Heads
Brunswick Heads is a small, unspoilt coastal village on the NSW north coast, situated at the mouth of the Brunswick River. Located 15 minutes north of Byron Bay, it's only 30 minutes by car from both Ballina Byron Airport and Gold Coast Airport.
Brunswick Heads is all about life's simple pleasures. Despite the surrounding coastal development, Brunswick Heads has retained its traditional seaside village atmosphere. Timber bridges link the riverside Torakina, a safe, quiet beach at the mouth of the Brunswick River and to the surf beach that spans the coastline all the way to Byron Bay.
The north bank of the river hosts a protected rainforest and the southern bank provides a harbour and small marina for fishing boats and small craft. Mt Chincogan and Mt Warning provide a spectacular hinterland backdrop to the river that meanders up to the small town of Mullumbimby.
Stay in Brunswick Heads accommodation and make Brunswick Heads your base to explore the region. Holiday accommodation in town includes 4 motels, 3 holiday parks, 50 holiday houses and apartments scattered throughout the town, a family-friendly hotel and serviced apartments. There's also a motel and a range of holiday houses and apartments in nearby Ocean Shores, New Brighton and South Golden Beach.
- Motels & Hotels
- Holiday Houses & Apartments
- Holiday (Caravan) Parks
- Serviced Apartments
- B & B's and Retreats
- Managing RE Agents
The small community of Brunswick Heads has ensured that there is a quality mix of cafes, restaurants, specialty shops, accommodation and a variety of activities to cater for families, couples and the most discerning visitors. Enjoy our simple pleasures, be pampered or enjoy our memorable and magic community festivals and events.
With so much natural beauty, it's a gorgeous place for weddings and special events (see our Weddings & Events Bureau on this website).
Brunswick Heads enjoys refreshing summer breezes and warm dry winter weather with a short rainy season usually around February or March.
Brunswick Heads Population
Brunswick Heads has a resident population of 1636. (2011 Census)
Brunswick Heads Town Map (plus Dining Guide)
The following Bruns Town Map is updated annually and tear-off copies are available from the Visitor Centre, 7 Park Street. The double-sided map also features the town's Dining Guide...