The community has rallied together over the last decade to take control of its own destiny and worked co-operatively or in task forces to develop a number of plans and strategies.
Copies of these plans are available from the Byron Shire Council website, the Brunswick Heads Library or the Visitor Centre/ Project Office or by downloading below.
- Brunswick Heads Sense of Place 1997
- Brunswick Heads Settlement Strategy 2002 (Byron Shire Council)
- Brunswick Heads Community Economic Development Plan 1999-2003 (Business & Tourism Group)
- "Taking Care of Brunswick" CED Strategic Plan 2004-2009 (Chamber & Progress Assoc)
- Parking Pedestrian and Safety Plan 2004 (Community Task Force)
- "Taking Care of Brunswick" Tourism Management Strategy 2005 (Business & Tourism Group)
- Brunswick Heads Business Survey 2000 (Chamber of Commerce)
- Brunswick Heads Business Survey 2003 (Chamber of Commerce)
- Brunswick Heads Business Survey 2006 (Chamber of Commerce)
- Brunswick Heads Business Survey 2009 (Chamber of Commerce)
- Brunswick Heads Business Survey 2012 (Chamber of Commerce)
- 'Taking Care of Brunswick', Community Economic Transition Plan 2011 - 2016.
Sense of Place
In 1997 Brunswick Heads received funding to conduct a Sense of Place Project, an extensive community consultation process which brought the community together to develop a vision for the town with objectives and strategies in the key areas of environment, housing and social infrastructure, business and tourism, youth, arts and heritage.
Brunswick Heads Settlement Strategy
From 1998 - 2001, the Byron Shire Council, the Village Committee and the community provided input into the development of the Brunswick Heads Settlement Strategy, which was adopted by the Council in 2004.
Taking Care of Brunswick
In 2003-2004 the community of Brunswick Heads came together to update its vision and formulate a Community and Economic Development Plan for the next five years. The "Taking Care of Brunswick Community" Plan 2004-2009 was produced in 2004, containing strategic directions and 23 objectives (projects) covering all facets of town life: communication, community social and cultural, built and natural environment, and business and economic development.
- BH_CED_2004_summary.pdf 104kb
Brunswick Heads Vision Statement 2004
Brunswick Heads is a vibrant and diverse coastal village community committed to retaining its low key, family friendly atmosphere, improving and protecting the beach, river & estuarine environment and encouraging sustainable and innovative business development. We welcome those who share our vision and help in achieving it.
You can download the complete plan as a PDF here: