Old & Gold Festival 2011 Program
Old and Gold Festival Program - Sat 11 June 8-3 ish
"Celebrating all things old, secondhand and recycled"
The Old and Gold Festival is on regardless of the weather. Many activities are undercover.
Brunswick Heads hosts the 10th Old and Gold Festival and invites visitors to stay for the Queen's birthday long weekend and enjoy the celebrations. About 5,000 - 6,000 people are expected throughout the day. The whole town will come alive as people walk from house to house and venue to venue in search of treasure, and enjoy many other activities in the theme including:
ALL TOWN GARAGE SALE - 69 households 8-2 Whole town
SECONDHAND & OTHER BARGANINS
- INDOOR COLLECTABLES FAIR 8.30-3 Memorial Hall
- YE OLDE CHURCH GARDEN FAIR 8.30-3 Catholic Church
- BRUNSWICK SCHOOL BRIC-A-BRAC & TOY FAIR 8.30-3 BH School
- POTTERY & CRAFT FAIR – Have a go at the wheel 12-3 10-4 Wheel of Life
- SECONDHAND BOOK FAIRS 9-3 VC & 9-12 Library
- Trail of secondhand & clearance sales around town 9-3 See map
OUR HISTORY & HONORIG OUR ELDERS
- Vintage tank bren gun carrier & old bikes & trikes display 9-3 Bashforth’s
- "Recycles" - restored & recycled bike display & sales 9-3 37 Fingal St
- BV Historical Society display, photos & books for sale 8.30-3 Memorial Hall
- Self guided historical town one hour walk 9-3 Map at VC
- Historical talk by Frank Mills - Cultural change in the BV 2-2.30 Hotel Brunswick
- Free Senior’s Morning Tea & singalong hosted by Quota 10-11 St Thomas Church
RECYCLING & REGENERATION
- Rainforest Rescue & Byron Youth Climate Coalition stalls 9-3 Mem Hall tree
- Zefer Energy stall 9-3 Mem Hall tree
- Mobile Muster & Cartridge4Planet Ark collection 9-3 Memorial Hall
- Free kids recycling craft - rag dolls, paper origami 9-3 BH Public School
- Traditional bushcraft display and demonstrations 9-3 Supermarket court
OTHER GOOD OLD FUN
- Australian Singles & Schools Marbles Championships 10, 12 Catholic Church
- Free face painting @ Brunz Kids 10-2 Park St
- Worm jumping castle & sand wizard 9-3 BH Public School
- Old & Gold Treasure hunt for kids 9-2 Memorial Hall
- Tie dye workshops – bring or buy a t-shirt or item to print 2-4 Resould/BP
- Fire Station Open Day & garage sale 9-3 Fingal St
- Live music, VRA BBQ, Jaws of Life, oldest car in Bruns 10-2 Supermarket court
- Live cafe music @ Cino Bambino - Mark Hannaford 10-12 Mullumbimbi St
- Live cafe music Yami/Conti deck - Mark Heazlett & friends 1-4 Park St
- Rock n Roll demos & Free lessons with The Rock Hounds 3-5 Hotel Brunswick
- Old Time & Rock n Roll Dance (& refreshments) 7.30pm Memorial Hall
- Red Cross home made cake stall 9-12 Memorial Hall
- VRA Fundraising BBQ 10-3 Supermarket
- Mullum High hot dogs, popcorn & soup 10-3 Catholic Church
Full programs and the list of garage sales will be available in the Byron News, at the Brunswick Visitor Centre, 7 Park St, in shops around town on Tuesday 7th June.
Bookings for the following fairs are now closed.
The fairs are themed and stall prices vary from $30 to $85, depending on the size, location and venue. Stalls are usually booked out before the event, so don't leave it until the last minute.
Please note that this year Council rangers will police the unauthorised use of public spaces - and fines may be imposed for unregistered stalls which have set up on footpaths, verges and parks.
- Indoor Memorial Hall Collectables Fair stall - Sandy (02) 6684 1709 or 0408 424675
- Ye Olde Church Garden Fair stalls - Mary (02) 6685 1676
- Bric-a Brac Fair stalls at the Public School - (02) 6685 1204 from April 27th
- Pottery & Craft Fair at Wheel of Life Studios - (02) 66885 1442
Brunswick Heads All Town Garage Sale
A record 69 households are participating in this year's All Town Garage Sale in Brunswick Heads. The sale starts at 8am earlier please) and conclude about 2pm. Households can be identified by brightly coloured bunting.
The All Town garage Sale is sponsored by the Byron Shire News. The full program, including list of garage sales located on a map, is available in Thursday's Byron Shire News, so you can plot your route before you arrive.
You can also download a copy of the All Town Garage Sale list here.
Please park your car at the Memorial Park (gold coin donation to the BV Lions Club) and take the utmost care if driving around town.