Pet ServicesPrice - Offpeak: $60
B.A.R.C.O (Brunswick Area Responsible Canine Owners)
Our aim is to educate the dog owning community about their rights and responsibilities in off-leash dog walking areas and to raise awareness in the general community of the need for such off-leash areas, promoting the social benefits of responsible use.
p: 0427 013 326 Maggie
p: 0404 966 831 Geraldine
Dog Training Schools
Deb McBride. Brunswick Heads Beaches.
Mob: 0412 455512
Pet Friendly Accommodation
Ferry Reserve Holiday Park
p: 02 6685 1872
Broadview Waterfront Apartments
Broadview is a 4-star group of beautifully furnished one and two bedroom apartments, all with fabulous park and water views. Small dogs only.
12 Fawcett St, Brunswick Heads
m: 0414 349 054
Crabbes Creek Cottages
Just off Tweed Valley Way, in a quiet rural village, are 6 self-contained cottages and a 3 bedroom house suitable for couples, families and pets. Set on 15 acres of bush surrounds, guests can pick fruit, vegetables and herbs in the rambling gardens, sit back and enjoy the birdlife or picnic BBQ areas provided.
p: 02 6677 1737 Office
p: 02 6677 1878 (all hours - please leave a message)
Pet Shops & Veterinary Clinics in the Byron Shire
North Coast Veterinary Services
233 Gulgan Road
p: 6684 0735
124 Dalley St, Mullumbimby
p: 02 6684 3818
20 Lucky Lane, Billinudgel
p: 02 6680 4400
Mullumbimby Pet Shop
111 Dally St, Mullumbimby
p: 02 6684 3288
Byron Bay Pet Shop
21 Brigantine St, Byron Bay
p: 02 6680 8121
Where do I register my pet?
Byron Shire Council
10 Essential Tips for Dog Owners
1. Do not allow your dog to roam free at any time
2. Exercise your dog regularly in an off leash exercise area to
avoid problems associated with boredom.
3. Ensure your dog is registered (and microchipped if applicable).
4. Pick up your dog's faeces from public places and put it in a bin.
5. Train your dog not to bark (Council can help you with this).
6. Ask your adjoining owner if your dog creates any nuisance
problems, and correct them.
7. Avoid dog attacks, ensure your dog is friendly and comfortable
8. Keep your dog under 'effective control' when in a public place.
9. Ensure you choose the correct dog for your circumstances.
10. Have your dog desexed if you are not a registered breeder.
For further information contact:
Byron Shire Council
Health & Compliance Services
PO Box 219, Mullumbimby, 2482
p: 02 66267107
Companion Animals Welfare Inc. Op-Shop
Shop 5/19 Tweed St, Brunswick Heads
p: 02 6685 1444