Brunswick Heads Festivals and Events
Brunswick Heads eco-friendly family events and festivals
Brunswick Heads stages several eco-friendly family events each year, in keeping with the town's "Simple Pleasures" theme. There is considerable community group involvement with the organisation of activities to ensure that the festivals and events are affordable.
Most of our 'home-grown'festivals are held out of the peak holiday seasons, so that accommodation is available for overnight stays. The major festivals hosted by the Brunswick Heads community include:
- The Kites and Bikes Festival - TBA
- Mullum to Bruns Paddle - Sunday 29 May 2022
- The Old and Gold Festival - 2022 TBA
- Back to Bruns Hot Rod Event - July TBA
- The Simple Pleasures Photography Competition - June to September
- Byron to Bruns Beach Run - TBA
- Customer Service Awards - October/November
- McGregors Family Carnival - mid-December to late January
- The Woodchop Carnival as part of the Fish 'n Chips Festival kicks off mid-January
Community groups provide fundraising BBQ's and other foodstalls and a policy of no commercial foodstalls at our community events is in place to support our local businesses who sponsor these festivals.
In addition, Brunswick Heads is the finishing point for a number of other walking, running or riding events and the parks come alive with low key activities. We also an enchanting Fairy Trail around town, housing the dainty and delightful fairy folk who've made their homes in the nooks of trees around town. Pick up a a Fairy Trail map from the Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre (open every day except Christmas Day).
Byron Coast Charity Walk - Rescue Helicopter
The Byron Coast Charity Walk is a non-competitive walk commencing in Byron Bay fundraising for the Rescue Helicopter. Walkers choose from three distances:
12KM – to Broken Head Reserve
24KM – to Lennox Head SLSC
36KM – to Ballina SLSC
The Coastal Charity Walks are social events and participants can walk or run at any pace.
Enter individually or in teams of 2-10 people.
DATE: Saturday 30 April 2022
COST: $250 Fundraising + participant fee