Brunswick Heads Festivals and Events
Brunswick Heads eco-friendly family events and festivals
Brunswick Heads stages several eco-friendly family events each year, in keeping with the town's "Simple Pleasures" theme. There is considerable community group involvement with the organisation of activities to ensure that the festivals and events are affordable.
Most of our 'home-grown'festivals are held out of the peak holiday seasons, so that accommodation is available for overnight stays. The major festivals hosted by the Brunswick Heads community include:
- The Kites and Bikes Festival - held every second year in March
- Mullum to Bruns Paddle - TBA 2020
- The Old and Gold Festival - TBA 2020
- Back to Bruns Hot Rod Event - Friday 10 to Sunday 12 July 2020
- The Simple Pleasures Photography Competition - run online only this year
- Byron to Bruns Beach Run - Sun 23 August 2020
- Customer Service Awards - October/November
- McGregors Family Carnival - mid-Dec to late Jan 2020
- The Woodchop Carnival as part of the Fish 'n Chips Festival kicks off 15th January 2020 with Fireworks from 9pm.
Community groups provide fundraising BBQ's and other foodstalls and a policy of no commercial foodstalls at our community events is in place to support our local businesses who sponsor these festivals.
In addition, Brunswick Heads is the finishing point for a number of other walking, running or riding events and the parks come alive with low key activities. We also an enchanting Fairy Trail around town, housing the dainty and delightful fairy folk who've made their homes in the nooks of trees around town. Pick up a a Fairy Trail map from the Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre (open every day except Christmas Day).