Brunswick Heads Festivals and Events
Brunswick Heads eco-friendly family events and festivals
Brunswick Heads stages several eco-friendly family events each year, in keeping with the town's "Simple Pleasures" theme. There is considerable community group involvement with the organisation of activities to ensure that the festivals and events are affordable.
Most of our 'home-grown'festivals are held out of the peak holiday seasons, so that accommodation is available for overnight stays. The major festivals hosted by the Brunswick Heads community include:
- The Kites and Bikes Festival - TBA
- Mullum to Bruns Paddle - Sunday 23 May 2021
- The Old and Gold Festival - Saturday June 12 2021
- Back to Bruns Hot Rod Event - July TBA
- The Simple Pleasures Photography Competition - June to September 2021
- Byron to Bruns Beach Run - TBA
- Customer Service Awards - October/November
- McGregors Family Carnival - mid-Dec to late Jan 2021
- The Woodchop Carnival as part of the Fish 'n Chips Festival kicks off mid January 2020 with Fireworks from 9pm.
Community groups provide fundraising BBQ's and other foodstalls and a policy of no commercial foodstalls at our community events is in place to support our local businesses who sponsor these festivals.
In addition, Brunswick Heads is the finishing point for a number of other walking, running or riding events and the parks come alive with low key activities. We also an enchanting Fairy Trail around town, housing the dainty and delightful fairy folk who've made their homes in the nooks of trees around town. Pick up a a Fairy Trail map from the Brunswick Heads Visitor Centre (open every day except Christmas Day).