Sub-Committees & Representation
The Chamber has an Executive Committee of seven, who are elected annually from the membership. It meets bi-monthlyas a strategic and management board.
The Chamber employs an Executive Officer, Cherie Heale.
Chamber Executive Committee 2017
Zac Tooth Architect
Paramount Publication House
ph: 02 6685 1003
Subcommitees and Taskforces
The Chamber's workload is spread quite widely. Many of the on going projects, campaigns and issues are dealt with by smaller subcommittees and task forces. Some of these, such as the Brunswick Tourism Group and Safety Committee are long-standing groups and as members leave the group, nominations for new members are called.
Other committees/taskforces and event committees are established for the period of the issue project/event and invitations are extended to business people and community members to participate.
In 2013 there are several Subcommittees operating.
- Brunswick Tourism Group
- Finance Committee
- Holiday Letting Committee
- Simple Pleasures Design Team
- Safety Committee
- Tweed St Streetscaping Taskforce
The Chamber also has a number of Event and Project Management Committees
- Simple Pleasures Photography Competition Committee
- Old and Gold Event Committee
- Mullum2Bruns Paddle Committee
- Kites & Bikes Event Committee
- Business Card Directory Project
Several of these subcommittees are made up of volunteer community members. For further enquiries about joining any of these sub-committees or taskforces, please contact the Admin Officer on 6685 1003.
The Chamber of Commerce takes an active role in Council and community issues and is represented on the following groups and committees.
- PACT (Police Liaison Group) - Russell Siwicki
- Memorial Hall Committee - Robert Rosen
- Disability Access Committee - Jill Ball